Everything you need to buy your first home, from initial decisions all the way to the closing table! Outsmart the financial trap of homeownership with advice that can save you a fortune during the purchase timeline and into the future.
No matter how desperately you want to escape the renter’s cycle, buying a house isn’t always a good investment. Your home can destroy your wealth and freedom or generate the same―and this book will show you how to make a decision that gives you the most financial flexibility possible.
Scott Trench and Mindy Jensen of the BiggerPockets Money Podcast have been buying and selling houses for a collective thirty years. In First-Time Home Buyer, they’ll give you a comprehensive overview of the home-buying process so you can consider all of your options and avoid pitfalls while jumping into the big, bad role of homeowner.
PART ONE covers all of the pre-purchase decisions you need to consider before you even start looking for a property:
- Is buying a house a good investment, and what’s wrong with the way everyone else does it?
- How much house can you afford (with a free Rent vs. Buy spreadsheet available for download!)
- Everything you should know about the housing market and appreciation
- Steps you can take to turn your first home into a future cash-flowing investment
PART TWO covers everything you need to do before you buy a home:
- How to choose a real estate agent and a lender that have your best interests in mind
- What to look for when buying a house, and what to absolutely avoid
- How to decide if fixer-upper houses and home renovation are right for you
PART THREE covers the nitty-gritty details of how to buy a house, like how to view properties with an eye for detail, submit offers, survive your home inspection, and everything else from contract to closing!
Don’t let the “American Dream” trick you into making a poor life decision. Buy a house with your eyes wide open and outsmart the world’s most common financial trap!
Biggerpockets Publishing, LLC